From: Hur Capt Christian P
Sent: Monday, October 18, 2010 7:58
To: Rodriguezabreu SSgt Wandy O
Cc: BritoJL@yahoo.com; Faraj, Haytham
Subject: Sgt Jose Brito OVSM

SSgt Rodriquezabreu,

I'm assisting Sgt Brito in having his OSVM properly put into his records.  I understand that he's been in touch with you.  Based on the attached, my understanding and belief is that Sgt Brito was awarded the OVSM at Yuma in 2002 in a unit formation.  The award was never put into 3270 though or his OMPF.

I've been briefed that Sgt Brito has been informed by everyone including his current OIC Maj Dodd at MCRD as well as HQMC that Sgt Brito's old unit at Yuma needs to run the award.

I've attached documentation showing proof that he rates the award.  Please brief your adjutant and higher as appropriate.  Please call me if I can be of assistance.  I've cc'd Sgt Brito on this email, as well as Maj Faraj, ret., a civilian attorney that is helping Sgt Brito too.  Thanks.

Christian P. Hur
Captain, USMC
Senior Defense Counsel
Telephone:  (619) 524-8713
Fax:  (619) 524-6784
Address:  Defense Section, Bldg 12, 1st Floor, MCRD, San Diego, CA 92140

This email may contain Attorney Work Product.  Please delete if you received this message in error.