FY10 Promotion Withhold Notification--Request for Additional 6 mos Wavier

Capt Bost,

I am writing because my selection to Major on the FY10 Board was withheld (see my response in the attached document). My GCM is complete, but I am awaiting final action by the CA (CG, 3d MAW, MajGen Conant). The 120 day clock (Moreno) is supposed to end on 9 Jul 11, so I expect to hear final word by then.

I was previously told that there was an 18-month time limit on promotion selections to be reinstated, but there was an opportunity to request a 6-month additional waiver. As the list was published in December 2009 and I was notified in February 2010, I would like to request the additional 6-month waiver. I am not sure if there will be further administrative action, but will advise you once the CA takes final action.

Please let me know what paperwork (if any) or other action I need perform to extend the time period. Also, please let me know the date which it will be extended to, so that I can explore options as necessary.

S/F

Capt Wacker

Douglas S. Wacker
Captain, USMC
Future Operations Officer
MWHS-3, 3D MAW
douglas.wacker@usmc.mil
Wk: 858-577-6730
DSN: 267-6730
Cell: 858-401-9392

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." ~George S. Patton