Jews speak out against ADC/Helen Thomas---Your Support is NEEDED

Dear Colleagues,

Please read the articles linked below.  It highlights the outrage and backlash from the Jewish community towards ADC in response to the Gala Dinner we are holding in honor of Helen Thomas on November 18.  We have received many hate e-mails, phone calls, and there are even talks about possible protests outside of the hotel on the day of our event.

http://dailycaller.com/2010/11/03/jews-speak-out-against-american-arab-anti-discrimination-committee-decision-to-honor-helen-thomas

http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowldc/outrage-over-adcs-celebration-of-helen-thomas_b24586

Despite all the pressure we are continuing with the event and we will not back down from our plans of honoring Helen for her work and achievements.  That being said, we are in dire need of your support.  We are turning to community members for sponsorships.  Although many on the list may be from out of town and may not be able to physically attend, your sponsorship and support is needed and will be appreciated.  Please see the attached form detailing different sponsorship levels.  If you would like to make a contribution but wish to discuss further please e-mail directly to abedayoub@gmail.com.

I hope to hear from you soon!

Abed A. Ayoub, Esq.
Legal Director, ADC