Fwd: FW: Congressional Inquiry & Marine Corps Times Article

Here is the e-copy of the article which should be given to judge.

-dsw

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Wacker Capt Douglas S" <douglas.wacker@usmc.mil>
Date: Jan 18, 2011 1:04 PM
Subject: FW: Congressional Inquiry & Marine Corps Times Article
To: <ezana.emmanuel@mail.house.gov>
Cc: <rawacker@aol.com>, <haytham@puckettfaraj.com>, "Hur Capt Christian P" <christian.hur@usmc.mil>, <douglas.wacker@gmail.com>

Ezana,

Here is a copy of the Marine Corps Times article investigating the alleged abuse of authority by Col Stephanie C. Smith. Last month I sent you a copy of the CONGRINT I filed in November, 2009, with Rep. Inslee's office. However, the Marine Corps viewed the matter and took no action, so far as I know. I am curious why this issue was not investigated more fully by Rep. Inslee to derive the true depth of the misconduct occurring at Marine Corps Recruit Depot, San Diego (MCRD). I would request that Rep. Inslee please take the time to read the article and confer with his colleagues to determine if any other congressmen have been contacted regarding Col Smith or the administration of justice at MCRD and what action has been taken to remedy this situation. If action has been taken, please advise me of what has been done.

Those of us who are serving rely on the hope that our representatives in Washington D.C. are willing to go to bat for us when they see allegations of abuse of authority, since we are at the will of our command structure even though we ultimately serve the American people. To be subjected to this treatment is inconsistent with the values we strive to protect under the Constitution and demonstrate an absolute failure in the military "justice" system to protect the rights of the accused in the furtherance of justice. Without oversight, the military justice system can fall victim to the same abuses as any other system, and it is incumbent on those outside the military, who have the authority to take action, to ensure that service members are afforded the same constitutional protections as would be expected of any civilian accused of a serious crime.

Please feel free to contact me at 858-401-9392 or by email at douglas.wacker@gmail.com if you have any questions concerning this matter.

Very respectfully,

Doug Wacker

Douglas S. Wacker
Captain, USMC
Future Operations Officer
MWHS-3, 3D MAW
douglas.wacker@usmc.mil
Wk: 858-577-6730
DSN: 267-6730
Cell: 858-401-9392

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." ~George S. Patton