Re: August First Thursday Jazz Night Experience:

Hello to all my “Jazz Aficionados” & “Networking Fiends!”  Dan Sturdivant here & I was getting so many e-mails & telephone calls, because I hadn’t sent out the Jazz Night flyer, for August.  Well, here it is & get ready for Thursday, August 4th, 2011, as it’s time, once again, for the City Club’s First Thursday, Jazz Night Experience.  This event is sponsored by the City Club of Washington, in conjunction with the SHORTCAKE Entertainment Group.

If you missed July’s session with the “Jazz Boyz” you missed a treat.  However; we have another “new” Artist with the SHORTCAKE Entertainment Group family!  We will be featuring “Celebrate Jazz with Ms. Karen Gray” (please see the attached flyer), to the City Club of Washington, which is located at; 555 13th Street, NW (The Columbia Square Building), right next door to the Warner Theater.  If you’ve yet to hear “Ms. Gray” – trust me, you will enjoy her, as the SHORTCAKE Entertainment Group “only” associates with the very best in entertainment!  Please let your friends & business associates know about this event.

There will be “networking-&-mingling” – starting at 6:00PM & going on until 7:00PM, in the (City Club’s) Members Lounge.  Following that the “Jazz Lovers” will move into the City Club’s main dining room, for the Artist of the evening – between 7:00PM & 7:30PM.  As usual Red & White wine will be flowing & Chef Reid will serve up a Tapas Display that rocks!  The cost is; $25.00, Inclusive of Members & $30.00 for guest.  Credit cards are the acceptable method of payment & “No” cash please! For additional information; for directions to the City Club’s underground parking lot ($8.00 for the entire evening), or to make your reservations, please contact Mr. Ian Lingwood at: 202/347-0818, or e-mail him at: ian.lingwood@ourclub.com.  We look forward to seeing you there.

For the best in entertainment, come play with us - The SHORTCAKE Entertainment Group.

Emmett R. Roberts

CEO & Dan F. Sturdivant, II (Partner)

SHORTCAKE Entertainment Group, LLC

Office:  301.464.7445