From: Guroff, Steve [mailto:Steve.Guroff@sdsheriff.org]
Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2010 16:08
To: Hur Capt Christian P
Subject: RE: US v. Capt Wacker: Defense DNA expert

Dear Capt. Hur,

I have been in touch with Capt. Day and my command regarding this matter, and I have agreed to act as your consultant. I will be happy to discuss the case with you at your convenience, and I will undertake to keep the subject matter of our conversations confidential. The only condition to my participation is that my employer, the Sheriff's Department, has first dibs on my time and attention, and will have to approve any efforts I undertake on your behalf.

Steve Guroff, Supervising Criminalist
San Diego Sheriff's Crime Lab