Sam Hamama

Dear Maj D’Asaro,

I am an attorney representing Mr. Hamama.  I understand that you worked with Mr. Hamama While you were both deployed to Iraq.  Mr. Hamama needs your help.  I am reaching out to people who can speak about this man’s character because he needs people of courage and character to help him in this time of his greatest need.  In 2008, Mr. Hamama was indicted for allegedly helping out the Saddam Hussein government in the 1990s.  The evidence against him were Baathist documents that ultimately the jury did not believe.  The Government called as one of their witnesses a former high level Saddam Hussein government official whom they paid a lot of money to and gave him protection and U.S. residency.  But even that man could not say that he knew Mr. Hamama.  The jury did not believe the charges and found Mr. Hamama NOT GUILTY.  They did find that he did not disclose that he had Iraqi contacts on his SF-86.  You are familiar with the SF-86.  As a former Marine Corps officer, I am very aware that people often err in completing SF-86s.  It doesn’t make them bad people and I have never heard of anyone prosecuted for it; though it is possible.

In your email to Mr. Hamama you wished him an angel.  Good people like you are his angels.  I have received a letter from LTC Jim Oliver and have commitments for letters from Chaplain LTC James Chapin and CSM Ronald Coleman.  I hope you will also take a few minutes to write a letter to the court to tell the judge about your personal observations and opinion of Mr. Hamama’s character.  The judge does not know what it is like to be forward deployed and how important a role people like Mr. Hamama play.  Only with information from people like you will she gain understanding so she can make a decision as to whether Mr. Hamama should be severely punished for an SF-86 error or should be given a second chance and merely reprimanded.

Vr,

Haytham Faraj, Esq.

Major, U.S. Marine Corps (Ret.)

PUCKETT & FARAJ, PC

_______________________

WASHINGTON DC METRO

The Law Firm of Puckett & Faraj, PC

1800 Diagonal Road

Suite 210

Alexandria, VA 22314

703-706-0442 Phone

202-280-1039 Fax

DETROIT METRO

The Law Firm of Puckett & Faraj, PC

P.O. Box 1016

Dearborn Heights, MI 48127

313-457-1390 Phone

202-280-1039 Fax

www.puckettfaraj.com

The information contained in this electronic message is confidential, and is intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby notified that any use, distribution, copying of disclosure of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you received this communication in error, please notify Puckett & Faraj, P.C. at 888-970-0005 or via a return the e-mail to sender.  You are required to purge this E-mail immediately without reading or making any copy or distribution.