RE: U.S. v. Hamama; letters of recommendation for sentencing

Jim,
I made one change to your letter. I added the word "Honorable" before the
judge's name.  I cannot tell you how your letter made me feel.  It brought
tears to my eyes.  I felt in your letter a genuine care and love for your
men and for this man.  It returned me to my days in the infantry and to a
world very few people can ever understand and rarely experience. I do not
know what will happen to Sam. I am afraid for him because I've also grown to
care about and love the man. I know he's a good and genuine person.  I hope
I don't fail him.
I apologize for my tardy response.  I was in a trial that lasted several
weeks.  It has taken me a while to catch up.
Thank you again for your support.

Please print, sign and mail the letter to the Judge at the address on the
letter.  Please also make sure that I get a copy.  If Ron Coleman is in
touch with you, would you please ask him to write a letter as well. I sent
him a request but he didn't respond and his phone seems to be off.  I fear
that he may be deployed again.

Semper fidelis
Haytham