From: Hur Capt Christian P
Sent: Monday, December 13, 2010 16:42
To: Houtz Maj Pete D
Cc: 'Haytham'; Grey Capt Nicholas R
Subject: BOI continuance request ICO Maj Rowe

As discussed Sir.

Christian P. Hur
Captain, USMC
Senior Defense Counsel
Telephone:  (619) 524-8713
Fax:  (619) 524-6784
Address:  Defense Section, Bldg 12, 1st Floor, MCRD, San Diego, CA 92140

This email may contain Attorney Work Product.  Please delete if you received this message in error.

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Sir,
	Please find attached my proposed revisions to your letter.  I hope my added paragraph 4 strikes the balance between your position and Capt Hur's.

	Also attached is my analysis on retirement pay.  A little morbid I understand to be considering your life expectancy but I think it will give the members pause when they consider just how heavily their decision could impact you.

Respectfully,

Capt Grey

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
So that I'm perfectly clear here:

Scenario 1:  The BOI votes to retain and LtCol Sullivan concurs to the General.  Good for me.

Scenario 2:  The BOI votes to retain and LtCol Sullivan nonconcurs to the General.  ???

Scenario 3:  The BOI votes to separate and LtCol Sullivan concurs to the General.  Bad for me.

Scenario 4:  The BOI votes to separate and LtCol Sullivan nonconcurs to the General.  ???

As I'm reading this, I'm confused somewhere along the line.  I understand that the BOI makes a recommendation that the CG has to endorse (?)  In all liklihood, he's going to concur with the BOI results.

So in essence Scenarios 2 and 4 are not likely to happen.  Makes no sense.  Furthermore, what good does LtCol Sullivan gets by such an admission?  A righteous admission that all evil in the world is alcohol driven(??)

If that's the case, I should admit to being an alcoholic, present no evidence, no charcter statements and just say I was drunk, freely admit to being drunk and walk away at 20.  That's the confusing part.

You have always stated gloves are off.  I've never been a part of a BOI.  Trying to figure that one out.  What to expect, how things will go down?

I've seen the appointing order.  Got it.  Major Houltz and Zeske will be there.  What part does LtCol Sullivan play???  Is he the wild card?

Don't know, but I do know what my gut is telling me.  As a matter of principle, it is important to me your thoughts -  whether you agree with LtCol Sullivan or not.  It indicates to me the course of action we take as we all attempt to see me reach 20.

Again, not trying to rock the boat, but all valid concerns / questions that I share.  I also appreciate EVERYTHING everyone has done to get us to this point.

Major Carlos Rowe
Deputy G-6
Marine Corps Mobilization Command
15303 Andrews Road