Re: Kempthorne Pleas and Forum

Capt Porter,
We have not received authorization from our client to enter any pleas of guilty. But if you would like to offer terms of a pretrial agreement in exchange for his pleas of guilty, we could take those to him.
Neal A. Puckett, Esq.
LtCol, USMC (Ret)
The Law Firm of Puckett & Faraj, PC
Washington DC - San Diego CA

Quoting "Porter, Brandon D Capt 30 SW/JA" <Brandon.Porter@vandenberg.af.mil>:

Gentlemen,

I received your notice of pleas and forum yesterday stating that the
accused plans to plead not guilty to all charges and specs.  Mr.
Puckett, several weeks ago when I spoke with you, you stated that the
accused would be pleading guilty to the 2 specs involving the GOV
incident.  Capt Harris, when I spoke with you last week, you stated the
same.  As I told Capt Harris yesterday on the phone, please advise which
is the true intended course of action.  Based upon the belief that the
accused would be pleading guilty to the GOV specs, we were not planning
on flying in a necessary witness for those 2 specs.  However, if the
accused is planning to plead not guilty to the GOV charges, we will need
to take immediate action to procure the witness for the CM.  It is my
guess that the notice of intention to plead not guilty on all specs and
charges may have been the result of a miscommunication.  Obviously, if
the intent is to plead guilty to those 2 specs, a great deal of money
would be saved by not having to procure travel, lodging, appearance
fees, etc. for the witness.  Please advise ASAP either way so that we
may make the necessary arrangements.

Very respectfully,

// SIGNED //
Brandon D. Porter, Capt, USAF
Assistant Staff Judge Advocate, 30 SW/JA
DSN: 276-2331, COMM: 805-606-2331