Re: British Air ; ball in your court

X,
I know. Up way too late here. Just turning in. Chances are we won't be able to get on the early flight so no harm. COA 1, please. Remember I am passing on all costs of changes required by the Army's screwing around to my client. They are the ones who added 2 accuseds to the hearing requireing more time from us all. Although I screwed up and didn't get the Indian visa, I'm the only one who suffered. Had I done it right, I would have gotten to sleep in a bed in that hotel that night. So the cost of the lodging booked and paid for is on my client. The cost of changing dates (unrelated to the change in departure countries) is on my client. All indications are that this is going to a full trial. They will have to do the fundraising in order to pay for the cost of this 32 and a trial (maybe $30,000) plus all expenses again if I have to do it over here, which is not unlikely. So although they are going to be disappointed in the ultimate cost, they are going to have to bear it. I'd simply be eating the current 1/2 of the air fare if I added another one way biz class with another airline, and all of those itineraries require me to spend 8 hours or so in an airport. Ain't doing that again. Would rather be waterboarded. So please purchase the new ticket from Dubai on the 8th (1000 if available, or next one after that if not). This officer family will not stiff us. And if they do, it'll come out of my pay. It's worth it to me. Thanks for doing all that research. You'd make a great paralegal, and even better lawyer.
Love you BIG TIME.  Time to hit the rack now.  Nighty night!
Neal A. Puckett, Esq.
LtCol, USMC (Ret)
The Law Firm of Puckett & Faraj, PC
Washington DC - San Diego CA

Quoting Marcelyn Atwood <marcy@puckettfaraj.com>:

N, they won't play.  $500 chg fee, $30 Orbitz fee, and $4000 to change
from Delhi to Dubai.  Standing By on you telling me what you want.
This is ugly.

COA 1:  Pay over $4500 to BA to chg ticket to Dubai; your class of
business fare isn't high enough so they are charging you to upgrade to
full business class.

COA 2:  try again with KAM Air to get back into Dehli (same visa
problem though).  BA will change your ticket out of Delhi from 6 to 8
Dec for @ $500 and Orbitz $30 plus any fare difference (not sure what
that is, but it was inferred it is less than 4000).

COA 3:  Fly to Dubai and get a new one way bus class ticket:  Some
idea of those -- if you want this option, tell me cost boundaries,
priority on non-stop, 1 stop or cost:
	a.  Out of Dubai:  US Air, $1816, three stops Frankfurt, Philly, DC;
leaving at 2:25 am on 9 Dec (after mid-night on the 8th) arrival 7:20
PM on 9th
	b.  Out of Dubai:  United, $1833; leaving at 1230 am 8 Dec (same day
arrival from Afghan) arriving 6:44 am 8 Dec ; direct I think
	c.  Out of Dubai: Luftansa, $1903; thru Frankfurt; leaving 7 am 8
Dec, arriving 8 PM

FYI:  Coach fares are 500 - 1000 depending on airline and taxes (ie.
Virgin Air Dubai-London (next day depart to IAD) is $520 + $389 in tax.)

India Visa is a non-starter -- must have your passport to get it --
unless you can get that done in Baghram at the Indian Embassy.  see
below.  UAE allows "in transit" at time of arrival.

UAE Visa:

Transit Visas
This type of visa is a 4-day (96 hour) visa, which is issued by
sponsorship of an airline operating in the United Arab Emirates. A
transit visa can only be issued if a visitor has a valid ticket for an
onward flight and the issuing of transit visas are normally free of
cost.

British Citizens
Residents of the UK, with the right to abide in the United Kingdom,
may obtain a free visa on arrival, which is valid for 60 days and can
be renewed for an additional 30 days for Dhs. 500 (US$ 137). Holders
of the British Overseas Citizens Passport, who dont have the right to
abide in the UK, will also obtain the free visa.

33 Privileged Countries
There are 33 countries that are given the same on arrival free UAE
visa on arrival similar to UK citizens. These countries include
citizens of France, Italy, Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium,
Luxembourg, Switzerland, Austria, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Portugal,
Ireland, Greece, Cyprus, Finland, Malta, Spain, Monaco, Vatican City,
Iceland, Andorra, San Marino, Liechtenstein, United States (US),
Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Brunei, Singapore, Malaysia and
Hong Kong. A new law was passed on March 31st 2003, where the citizens
of these 33 countries can only obtain a one-month non-renewable visit
visa on arrival, which costs Dhs. 100 (US$ 28). Though the government
officially passed this law, it does not seem to be always implemented.

Transit Visa - India Visa Requirements

These requirements were generated on 11/29/2008 12:54pm EST.

A transit visa is granted for the sole purpose of enabling the holder
to travel through India to reach his/her ultimate destination. Change
of purpose is not allowed. The visa will ordinarily be valid for a
single/double journey and for entry within 15 days of date of issue.
The Transit visa is valid for direct transit only for a maximum period
of 3 days. For a stay in India beyond 3 days, an appropriate visa
should be obtained. Please note the visa is valid beginning on the day
it is issued. So a 6 Month visa issued on January 1 would be valid
until June 30.

   1. Application: Complete the online India Visa Application. After
the application has been completed, you must print and sign the
application.
   2. Passport: Passport must have a minimum validity of six months
from the date of application with at least two blank visa pages. Last
2 amendment pages are not acceptable. Must be the actual passport not
a copy.
   3. Photographs: Photographs: 2 latest identical passport size
photographs (black/white or color) depicting front pose against light
background on photographic paper.
   4. Proof of Address: Applicants must submit a photocopy with proof
of residence/address while applying for the visa. Photocopy of driver
license or utility bill must be submitted. If you don't bring a copy,
we will make a photocopy for you for $2.00.

      For minors, a parent or guardian proof of address may be
submitted instead.
   5. Airline Ticket: Confirmed airline ticket for onward journey.
   6. Valid Visa: Valid visa for final destination.