Re: It's 0047

Glad my girl liked her concert! So sorry I wasn't there to enjoy it, too. I know I would have. But Marcy made a new friend/protege! Not to worry about the AMEX. They did it because they can. When I first joined in 1993, there was no such thing as an AMEX card that didn't have to be paid off every month. They're tightening their credit belts and I would, too. But you may be right about switching to VISA for the biz. It would help cash flow. Let's look into it. But for now, I'll pay off the Gold card and decide whether it's worth keeping. Don't want to act before thinking. Checked out of hotel. Sitting at Starbucks on the AT&T wi-fi with loads of time to get to work. But today is a boot camp graduation day so it may take a while to snake onto the base. Should be done by lunch time or shortly thereafter. Then I'll motor down to the airport and check out the standby situation. Try to get the first flight out and then make a connection. Worst case is I fly out on schedule tomorrow (or early in the morning). What I don't know is whether in order to fly standby on an earlier flight you have to surrender your reservation on the flight you have. Hmmmm.
Love you BIG TIME.  Hope to be home tonight.
Neal A. Puckett, Esq.
LtCol, USMC (Ret)
The Law Firm of Puckett & Faraj, PC
Washington DC - San Diego CA

Quoting Marcelyn Atwood <marcy@puckettfaraj.com>:

N, Diana Krall was GREAT!  Much better environ than the Verizon
Center, better sound.  She was FAB!  Loved it.  TOO bad you missed  it.
 AM going to bed now, if I don't answer the phone, I didn't hear  it in
the morning.  I'm sleep'n till I wake up.... YAWN.  Diana played  1.5
hrs, starting at 9pm, she had a warm up act; so we Didn't get on a  bus
to the Metro until 2245, arrived at the Metro at 2320 (crawled out  of
the parking lot at Wolftrap with all the cars), waited for trains  and
caught the last one into DC on the Orange line, and last one to  King
Street from Rosslyn.  Whew...

Young gal I gave your ticket too, is really nice, only 18, but WAY
older in the head than that.  Have her card, will keep up Email with
her.

Got mail coming home; AMEX has canceled your ability to make payments
on the Gold card.  I think you can call them and talk them out of it.
If this economy is SOOOO touchy, so much so that when people make an
honest oversight (like forgetting to schedule the payment) that it
causes privledges to be taken away ... Then that's just wrong.  And
since you have to have credit cards in this world -- no one takes cash
any more; then the only option is to build up a huge pile of cash in
your savings account so it doesn't matter what you charge, it gets
paid off at the end of each month.

Or maybe it's time to cnx the AMEX and get a VISA (for the Bus too).  M