To: dgreenlaw@cox.net
Sent: Sunday, January 15, 2012 6:55 PM
Subject: RE: Davy Crockett

Don,

This is fascinating. I believe history "does" repeat itself.
See what you think.

A speech in Boston, May 1834, by Davy Crockett (Congressman, Tennesses) upset about President Andrew Jackson abandoning 'the common man and constitutional principles' (garnetspy.com) :

"I hope to see our happy country restored to its former peace and happiness, and once more redeemed from tyranny and despotism, which, I fear, we are on the very brink of. We see the whole country in commotion, and for what? Because, gentlemen, the true friends of liberty see the laws and Constitution blotted out from the heads and hearts of the people's leaders, and their requests for relief are treated with scorn and contempt. It has been decided by a majority of Congress that the president shall be the Government, and that his will shall be the law of the land. He takes the responsibility, and vetoes any bill that does not meet his approbation. He takes the responsibility and seizes the treasury, and removes it from where the laws had placed it; and now, holding purse and sword, has bid defiance to the Congress and to the nation."

Sound familiar?
s/f
Sandy