[vapg9] Fwd: Assistance : Very Special Event - J.B. Kerns Local Hero and Wounded Warrior - Thursday, February 9, 2012

riders FYI

Very Special Event - J.B. Kerns Local Hero and Wounded Warrior - Thursday, February 9, 2012

IMPORTANT INFO FOLLOWS:

There will be a major event/announcement on Thursday, February 9, 2012 concerning Cpl J.B. Kerns, local hero and wounded warrior. The announcement will be made in grand style at a major media event at Martinsville Speedway in Ridgeway, VA. The Patriot Guard has been invited to participate in this awesome event.

We would like to have as many Patriot Guard Riders at this event as possible. We also want our brothers and sisters from other organizations and M/C's to stand with us in support of J.B.

This event will take place on a Thursday. I know that many of us work, but if you have a day that you can take off this would be a great reason to do so.

At the request of someone very close to this event we have been asked to fly it below the radar as best we can. Even after a premature release of information and subsequent dissemination of that information - we still want this to be a surprise for J.B. We ask that you to pass the word in such a way that it would help keep this from J.B. We have asked that any info about this event be removed from Facebook and mission threads. If we find out that J.B.already knows about this event through the premature release of info - we will again utilize those tools.

There will be a major media presence at this event. More than 20 media outlets will be represented. It is also possible that 60 Minutes will be present.
As I said - this is going to be BIG news for a GREAT cause!

There will be several very special guests on hand when the news is shared.
Gary Sinise, who played Lieutenant Dan in Forest Gump and Detective Mac Taylor in CSI: New York will join Clay Campbell, the owner of Martinsville Speedway and Frank Siller, Chairman of The Tunnel to Towers Foundation. Some of you may already know about the home that is being built for J.B.

That is exciting news in and of itself, but there IS more.

It's great to have these folks on hand for this event, but this is ultimately about J.B. Kerns a U.S. Marine that suffered severe wounds as a result of his service to us all.

Please note: If you have received a press release through email or other sources from the Patrick County Chamber of Commerce - some of the information is incorrect. We will NOT escort from Ararat, Va.

We will provide escort from
Blue Ridge Airport
525 Airport Rd
Martinsville, VA 24112
http://g.co/maps/p75xp
Staging at the airport will be Thursday, February 9, 2012 at 9:00a.m.
If you can't make it until later please come anyway.
The escort will not leave the airport until 10:15a.m. A flag line contingent will be sent ahead earlier. We desperately need folks to do both.
PLEASE COME EARLY IF YOU CAN.

We would like to have a flag line at Martinsville Speedway when the escort from the airport arrives.
Having folks come earlier will help us determine how many we can send ahead. The speedway is approximately 12 miles from the Airport. We will have someone on hand that can lead the flag line contingent to the speedway.

For those that may need to ride directly to the speedway:
Martinsville Speedway
340 Speedway Road
Ridgeway, VA

If you have 3X5 flags and poles - Please bring them. If you have extra flags - please bring them. We will be proudly flying our flags during the escort and/or holding them in the flag line. As always - please make certain that flags mounted to bikes are secure.

Your presence at this event is greatly appreciated. Your help in spreading the word about this very special event is key to it's success and is also greatly appreciated.

Co-Ride Captains for this Help On The Homefront event will be

Darrell Bowling
Virginia Patriot Guard
Ride Captain
Districts 2 and 3

Jim "Borlo" Borling
Virginia Patriot Guard
Assistant State Captain
District 2

Rick "Big Rick"Rohme
Patriot Guard Riders of North Carolina
Ride Captain
Tony "Zap" Turner
Virginia Patriot Guard
Assistant State Captain
District 3

If you have any question please feel free to contact us.

--
Respectfully

Tony Turner
Assistant State Captain
District 3
State Captain Emeritus
434-728-1968

www.VirginiaPatriotGuard.org

--
Lee Gazzano
Patriot Guard Riders

Those who serve DESERVE, HONOR, RESPECT and THANKS