SHRM 2012 Employment Law & Legislative Conference

Title: SHRM Conference Opportunities

Click here to view this message as HTML in your browser.

v5_logo.jpg

Dear Marcelyn,

Last week, my colleague and good friend Mike Aitken sent you a message about the SHRM 2012 Employment Law & Legislative Conference coming early in March. This week I am writing to share some great news. We received confirmation that Representative James E. Clyburn (D-SC) will be speaking at the conference on Tuesday, March 6. Representative Clyburn is Assistant Democratic Leader of the House, and will give us a look at the upcoming House agenda. In particular, you don’t want to miss his insights on labor and employment issues, and Congressional plans for deficit reduction.

With almost 30 sessions available on employment law and legislative topics, this conference will provide you with the information you need to be an advocate within your company. SHRM can help you connect what is happening in Washington to what matters most to you in the workplace.

Two networking events will also be held as part of the conference - a fantastic reception and an election night party. We have a great Welcome Reception on Monday, March 5, at the Smithsonian's National Museum of the American Indian - an amazing space and only minutes from the Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill. This event is a great opportunity to chat with other attendees, public policy decision-makers, outside media and SHRM staff over cocktails.

On Tuesday night, our 2012 Super Tuesday Watch Party is the best place in Washington to watch the returns for the GOP primaries and caucuses in Alaska, Georgia, Idaho, Massachusetts, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Vermont and Virginia. Join your fellow HR colleagues and SHRM’s Government Affairs staff to discuss policy, politics and possible outcomes for the 2012 Presidential Election.

Please reserve your spot now at the SHRM 2012 Employment Law & Legislative Conference and be a part of the conversation.

Look forward to seeing you there!

Bob Carr

Carr Electronic Signature 2011.jpg

J. Robert Carr, J.D., SPHR
SVP, Membership, Marketing & Communication

This email may contain advertisements.

The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) is the world's largest association devoted to human resource management. Representing more than 250,000 members in over 140 countries, the Society serves the needs of HR professionals and advances the interests of the HR profession. Founded in 1948, SHRM has more than 575 affiliated chapters within the United States and subsidiary offices in China and India. Visit SHRM Online at www.shrm.org.
Society for Human Resource Management | 1800 Duke Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314-3499 USA
PHONE (800) 283-7476 (US only) +1 703 548-3440 (International) |
shrm@shrm.org | www.shrm.org
Forward to a friend | Change your email preferences | Unsubscribe | Privacy Statement

©2012 SHRM. All rights reserved.