Q's Re: Soueid

Hi Mr. Puckett and Mr. Faraj,

I was just reviewing your response to last week’s detention hearing and realized I don’t know if Alex Soueid is refuting that he recorded protests or not. I remember hearing and have read the argument that recording people in public is not a crime, but protestors I’ve interviewed said they remember seeing him in front of the White House recording them and having an altercation with him. Can you elaborate on whether Soueid says he did record protests and, if so, why he did?

Thank you,

Alexa Vaughn

Los Angeles Times

Washington DC Bureau