Best laid plans . . . .

Gentlemen and Lady,

I had no power for most of yesterday and today. I'm now in the office making a pitstop on my way to Kansas City.  I won't be able to start on the writ appeal on Tuesday night.  If any of you are in a position to move the ball before then, please do so and let me know.  If not, I'll start on Tuesday night, which would probably result in filing on Thursday.

The Government has 10 days to file an answer to the writ appeal petition, so here are Code 46's due dates, depending on the day we file:

Monday:  8 Seo
Tuesday:  9 Sep
Wednesday:  12 Sep
Thursday: 12 Sep
Friday:  12 Sep

Based on that, if we can't file before Wednesday, there isn't likely to be any real practical difference in filing on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday.  Ideally, we would file by Tuesday, but I won't be available to pull an oar between now and Tuesday night.

Sorry, but I think this falls into the "Act of God" category.  That said, something seems to always happen to make filing in this case harder than it should be (though in one instance that thing was the Government relying on transcripts of court proceedings that it hadn't bothered to provide to us -- which falls more within the "Act of Devil" category).

Semper Fi,
DHS