Fwd: NETWORK NOTICE - FREE ABA MEMEBERSHIP

FYI, M

Begin forwarded message:

From: David Hoard <edhoard@gmail.com>
Date: May 6, 2011 7:06:39 PM EDT
To: "Reserve & Retired JAG (Google Group)" <reserve--retired-jag-network@googlegroups.com>
Subject: NETWORK NOTICE - FREE ABA MEMEBERSHIP

Friends & Colleagues,

Networker Lt Gen (Ret) Jack Rives, Executive Director and COO of the ABA, presents an offer, below, for JAGs that may be too good to refuse.   Yeah, yeah, I know, this is another violation of my own rule for myself to refrain from distributing matters of general interest and keep The Network "pure" for one-on-one help situations, but I have never claimed to be anything less than arbitrary and capricious ... and a suck up.

Dave

Gen (Ret) Rives sends (to Bill Wells and me -- and now you):

I really appreciate all you do for the JAG Community with your exceptional networks and items of interest.

We’ve begun a special initiative, providing complimentary American Bar Association and Section memberships through August 31, 2011.  The offer is available to all attorneys who are not currently members of the ABA.  As you know, being a member of the ABA can help attorneys grow professionally, in many ways.  Here are some of the many benefits of membership:

  • Access to the latest news in your areas of practice through a variety of publications
  • Professional development and educational programming featuring national experts
  • Cutting-edge CLE programs available in a variety of formats
  • Opportunities for networking with lawyers across the U.S.
  • Contributing to the national voice advocating for the Rule of Law and influencing legislation that impacts the legal profession
  • Individual advice on professional practice concerns such as ethics, technology, and practice management
  • Discounts on a variety of business and personal goods and services from companies such as Bank of America, Hertz, Starwood and UPS

To accept this complimentary memberships, attorneys can visit www.ambar.org/thanks or call 1-800-285-2221 by May 31, 2011.  Redeem with code 201471924.

I understand your general rules against pushing materials, but if interested and deemed appropriate, you’re welcome to share this offer with your groups.  Any colleagues who are not currently members of the ABA can take advantage of this offer.  Note also that members of the JAG Corps (including retirees!) can benefit from several special dues rates.  All the best, Jack

Jack L. Rives

Executive Director &

  Chief Operating Officer

American Bar Association