Re: Military Discharge Upgrade Boards and Record Corrections Boards

Dear Mr. Faraj:

I wanted to touch base before I left for work this afternoon. So far I've been able to review your completed petition and the majority of the attachments. I am extremely interested, as the work seems very interesting and rewarding. The process seems pretty straight forward but I did have a few preliminary questions:

1. When making an argument for an upgrade based on equitable grounds is it a 2-pronged process?
(i.e. (1) Examine the representations made by the military and (2) Discuss whether the petitioner's actions were reasonable in light of those representations)

2. As a practical matter, does it generally raise a red flag if an applicant scores high on the AFQT and he/she fails to selects a job assignment prior to basic training?

3. Should I always request an in-person hearing for the client?

I have not finished reviewing the Code of Federal Regulations but I will take a look either tonight or tomorrow morning and let you know if I have any further questions.

Thank you again for this opportunity and I look forward to working with you,

Jackie