RE: Commuter Center Committee Meeting Reminder for Wednesday, April 27th, 2011 @ 6:00pm @ the LIBC Office

Hello Everyone,

First let me start off by saying thank you Nina for sending the meeting minutes. Second, wow Nancy excellent- 40 committed and 20 pending! Great job keep up the good work J.

Now serious time-

Yesterday’s meeting was productive minus the fact the attendance was low.

Let’s please try to lead by example. Each of us should take the initiative to ask about the event and for updates from time to time. Also, that in the future you inform me prior to meeting when you will not able to  attend, especially when I ask that you confirm your attendance in my meeting request emails. We are all busy and I am fully aware that there are times when some of us will have to miss meetings. Just let me know so I can accommodate. That’s all I am asking, replying takes two seconds.

This is especially important now. The event is only three weeks away. That is 21 days from now, that is not much time. We do not want to wait until the last minute to finalize pending details. I do not want to fall into the would have, should have, could have boat. Please do not forget that this is a group effort. You made a commitment when you chose to be part of this committee. We each have the responsibility to ensure things are progressing according to plan. We have such a dynamic group. We need to come together as a team to ensure the success of the event.

 It is critical that everyone do their best to attend the next 3 meetings. Every Wednesday at 6:00pm from now until may 19th. If the problem is the meeting day or time please let me know and I can change it to best accommodate everyone’s schedules. We are doing good but need to work a bit harder. Nina will be calling each of you this weekend to get conformations that your tickets have been sold. She needs an accurate inventory count to present to the group during next week’s meeting. We HAVE to sell 500 tickets. We are no not very far from our goal. Please continue to promote and sell tickets. We excel and succeed together or “fail” together.  I don’t even want to use the word fail, that is not an option. We are in great shape, there is no reason not to have a sold out dinner and a few sponsors by the 19th  if we work together.

Next meeting we will discuss:

-An official ticket count and how to reach our goal of 500 tickets

-Sponsors (Ummo George Update)

- The skeleton thus far of the program (open for discussion nothing has been finalized, if you have ideas please share)

-Will we be printing program books or a tent card flyer (what information do we want to include in the print material)

Let’s stay organized like have been. Many minor decisions need to be voted on. Let’s show our guests that we are serious and lead by example.

Thank you for all you hard work and time. I will be in touch soon.

Reima