RE: U.S. v. Wacker UCI findings

All,

Although I gave a 4-5 page ruling on the UCI motion, the very day we ended the motions session, I expect to have the UCI Findings of Fact and Conclusions of Law completed by Friday, 8 April.  I received the 423 pages of transcript from the motions session 6 days ago.

By way of explanation, I have been home three weeks now, done three contested cases and a slew of motions and guilty pleas.  I have pushed other time-sensitive issues to the forefront, including the 1000s of pages of records of trial I had piling up while I was gone.  Next week, I have only one motions session and one arraignment.  So, I will have time to finish this ruling and catch up with some other ones as well.  Thank you for your patience.

We never did finish our de-brief, but let me say that it was a real pleasure to do this case with all parties.  The amount of preparation for trial was outstanding, the litigation was great and the professionalism of all parties was appreciated.  Additionally, the motions practice was vigorous.  Win or lose, both sides did an excellent job on this case marshalling the evidence and representing their respective clients.  I wish that all cases could be litigated as well as this one was.  Bravo Zulu.

R,

LtCol David M. Jones
Military Judge
Western Pacific Judicial Circuit