Emails for Tomorrow

Chris,

For the Members:

Gentlemen,

Thank you to those of you who have already submitted letters or emails on behalf of Capt Wacker to set aside the conviction under Art 133. This will be my last email, so if you have not done so, but are willing to write a letter, please do so at your earliest convenience. The convening authority usually takes action after a court martial within 14 days, so we must have everything compiled by next Friday. Once again, thank you on behalf of Capt Wacker, for your time over the past several weeks and your sincere consideration of all the factors at issue. Capt Wacker looks forward to moving ahead with his life, his family, and the Marine Corps.

For the SJA (Col Brubaker or Maj Wilson):

Sir,

We are currently in receipt of several letters of recommendation from the members for clemency for Capt Wacker on the conviction under Art 133. Unless, the CG intends to grant Capt Wacker clemency outright on the sole guilty verdict, we would request the time to compile a clemency package detailing the particulars of case and the UCI issues that were found by the Military Judge. In order to do so, we will need to wait for the Record of Trial (audio transcript) to be provided by the court, before we can present this package to the chain of command and your office. If clemency is not granted outright, we would request an audience with the MWHS-3 Commanding Officer, LtCol Vranish, yourself, and then the Commanding General to present the package of recommendations and details of the case. We intend to have the package available within 10 days of the Record of Trial being received.

Chris: add, drop, change as you see fit.

S/F

Doug

Douglas S. Wacker
Captain, USMC
Future Operations Officer
MWHS-3, 3D MAW
douglas.wacker@usmc.mil
Wk: 858-577-6730
DSN: 267-6730
Cell: 858-401-9392

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." ~George S. Patton