Clemency ICO US v. Capt Wacker

Sir,

Good morning.

We are currently in receipt of several letters of recommendation from the members for clemency for Capt Wacker on the conviction under Art 133.  The members' sentencing worksheet also adjudged no punishment and recommended that the conviction be set aside.

Unless, the CG intends to grant Capt Wacker clemency outright on the sole guilty verdict, Sir, we would very respectfully request the time to compile a clemency package detailing the particulars of his case and the UCI issues that were found by the Military Judge. In order to do so, we will need to wait for the military judge's findings of fact and the Record of Trial (audio transcript) to be provided by the court, before we can present this package to the chain of command and your office.

If clemency is not granted outright, we would also respectfully request an audience with the MWHS-3 Commanding Officer, LtCol Vranish, yourself, and then the Commanding General to present the package of recommendations and details of the case. We intend to have the package available within 10 days of the Record of Trial being received.

Thank you for your time Sir.

Christian P. Hur
Captain, USMC
Senior Defense Counsel
Telephone:  (619) 524-8713
Fax:  (619) 524-6784
Address:  Defense Section, Bldg 12, 1st Floor, MCRD, San Diego, CA 92140

This email may contain Attorney Work Product.  Please delete if you received
this message in error.