Stuff that's running in my head and I need to get it out

This is what happens once you get me going
LOL

Closing ideas random:

The "interviews":
Cooperates in interviews like a good citizen
Wary, nervous, not quite sure whether to trust the govt agent who says this is just an interview
Trying to treat it that way, but wondering what might make it turn into an investigation,
What might make him a suspect? Confused
Like any of us would be
And especially having lived in a country where things are not so predictable shall we say, as here

Language gets in the way
(use case agent's definition of 'foreign' get it exact from transcript of your cross it was perfect for you)
He's straight about what he's answering when you understand this:

Memory gets in the way
They want to make a big deal about 30 or 35 thousand, but really?
They were speaking in generalities anyway
30-35 in, 40-45 back 10 profit
In the end, the numbers bore that out

Xxxxxxxxx

Re:
In spite of all since then - the things the D witnesses know about
The FBI was not swayed by that
They want to say that just makes him a better double agent
Good enough to even fool these high ranking guys
Seriously?

But that is a conclusion based on fear and fear makes
False evidence appear real
Their rebuttal witness wants to say he was nervous about D
Didn't like the way he was always on the phone
Shouldn't have had a gun
Risk to unit's safety
The way to test ev based on FEAR
Is LOVE it
Listen observe verify and evaluate

Cross exam and D witnesses are ere to help you LOVE the govt evidence
(love it to death ha ha)

If his concerns were real at the time he would have done SOMETHING
But though he felt units lives at stake
No reports, complaints, even private conversations about this security risk?
Not even notes to himself to keep a record for later if the guys in charge were telling him to shut up?
No this is made up after the fact

The FBI would never change their view of him
No matter what evidence is presented because they look at him with presumption of guilt
But presumption of innocence says
They must be mistaken
Or misled
Or lying

The people who know him best
In the highest risk conditions where he could have gotten them killed at any moment
Know his loyalty to US etc
They understand the difference between what it was for him to deal with the Saddam regime
And true loyalty obit
They understand the difference between political opinions in writing and reading - in THEORY
And disloyalty, or interest in aiding enemies of the US

Xxxxxxx

One of the hardest things is trying to look at all actions
In light of what the times were THEN
And not as if anyone magically knew all the things that have happened since

Remember there were times when the US was supporting Osama bin laden
When we were trying to help Afghanistan with the Russian invasion
Would we go back now and say
Because he turned out to be a terrorist
We will prosecute anyone who helped
DURING the time we were friends with him?

Witness explained the history to you for that reason
Here is what it was like as a Chaldean Christian in Saddam's Iraq
This is what H left
And here is how it affected H's opinions, behavior, and loyalties:

What we DO know
Is that in THESE times, after it all went down
After we went to war with Iraq
All of his life has been in service to us and to our cause there
And everyone who knows him
Really knows him
In the 21st c world
Knows he is an innocent man
And a loyal American

Xxxxxxxxxx

Only exited that this ambassador was interested in his magazine and his reporting and ideas
How flattering
Would a spy really be so outspoken and public in unpopular views?
The govt theory is that he hid so well he fooled even the high military guys who testified here
 But yet he was publicly publishing his views and handing them out?
Hmmmm

Xxxxxxx

Where is the real betrayal here?
The real betrayal is that our govt is wasting our time and your
Our money and yours
Prosecuting a man who has proven himself
In today's world
In this world we live in now
That he is loyal And brave and true

He is trusted by men
Trained not to trust
And trained to know true loyalty and heroism
Those men feel our govt has betrayed them in this case
And so should we all
Go after the real terrorists
 Go after the real spies

This man is helping our country in ways few can
He should not be punished for the history
That males him so strong now

Love you
Justice and truth shall prevail
We are all with you