RE: Hutchins type ruling

You should submit an application.  (Even if you're not a member of the court's bar, you can be on papers there as long as you either apply for admission or move to appear pro hac vice withint 30 days.  But moving for admission immediately would simplify matters.  Then a filing can simply indicate that your application for admission is pending.)

Here's a link to the NMCCA rules:

http://www.jag.navy.mil/courts/documents/NMCCA%20Rules%202010.pdf

Rule 8.1 covers admission to the Bar:

Rule 8.1. Administrative Requirements
(a) Admission to the Court's Bar
(1) Active duty Navy and Marine Corps judge advocates, and Reserve
Navy and Marine Corps judge advocates assigned to a Reserve unit supporting
either the Appellate Defense Division or Appellate Government Division of
NAMARA, will be admitted to the Court's Bar by the Clerk of Court upon
request, after confirmation of qualifications and the taking of an oath or
affirmation (see Rules 8.2 (a) and (c) below).
(2) All other counsel must complete and file an application (Appendix B)
for admission with the Clerk of Court. Along with the completed application,
applicants must submit an original proof of good standing certification in a
qualifying bar dated within one year of the application, and take an oath or
affirmation (see Rules 8.2 (a) and (c) below) prior to admission to the Court's bar.
(b) Application. An electronic copy of the application for admission
(Appendix B) appears, along with these rules, on the Court's website
(www.jag.navy.mil; click on "Courts"; click on "NMCCA"; click on NMCCA
Rules of Practice and Procedure). Upon request, the Clerk of Court will send
civilian counsel a copy of the application with appropriate instructions, and a copy
of the Court's rules.
Rule 8.2. Admission Procedures
(a) Requests for Admission to the Bar
(1) Active duty Navy and Marine Corps judge advocates and Reserve Navy
and Marine Corps judge advocates assigned to a Reserve unit supporting either the
Appellate Defense Division or Appellate Government Division of NAMARA may
submit their request verbally or in written form to the Clerk of Court.
(2) All other qualified counsel must submit a written application to:
Clerk of Court
Navy-Marine Corps Court of Criminal Appeals
1254 Charles Morris Street SE, Suite 320
Washington Navy Yard, D.C. 20374-5124
18
(b) Fee. There is no fee for admission to the Bar.
(c) Oath or Affirmation. The Chief Judge, a senior judge, the Senior
Law Clerk, or the Clerk of Court will administer the below oath or
affirmation to active duty and Reserve Component Navy and Marine Corps
appellate counsel detailed in accordance with Article 70(a), UCMJ. In the
case of all other active duty Navy and Marine Corps judge advocates, in
addition to the above officials, the applicant may subscribe and take the
oath or affirmation before his/her commanding officer or staff judge
advocate. All other counsel will subscribe and take the below oath or
affirmation upon request of the Clerk of Court.
I,_______, do solemnly (swear)(affirm) that I will
support the Constitution of the United States, and that I
will conduct myself as an attorney and counselor of this
Court uprightly and according to law.
(d) Register. The Clerk of Court will maintain a Roll of Attorneys listing
those admitted to practice before the Court.
(e) Certificate of Admission. Upon admission, the Clerk of Court shall
issue a Certificate of Admission.

In looking at the NMCCA website, I don't see the electronic version of Appendix B to which the NMCCA Rules refer.

Semper Fi,
Dwight