Clemency Letter

Gentlemen,

The CO spoke with the Deputy SJA, Maj Alan Schuller, about the fact that I received the ROT yesterday. Maj Schuller expressed that it was his impression that we would present our additional matters prior to the SJAR. This is an incorrect assumption on his part, as I have 10 days from the later of receiving the ROT or the SJAR, whichever is later to submit additional matters.

I see two courses of action:
(1) Not doing anything until the SJAR is served on me and just running the clock further.
(2a) Informing the SJA (Maj Schuller and/or Col Betz) that we intend to submit additional matters for clemency after receiving the SJAR, but providing the letter attached in order to propose our wishes to pursue a NPLOC instead of an NJP.
(2b) Informing the SJA that we intend to submit additional matters for clemency after receiving the SJAR without providing the letter or any other documentation.

In either case of COA 2a or 2b, we need to put in writing that we intend to submit addition matters after the SJAR.

Attached, you will find the letter.

Please let me know what your thoughts are on this matter.

V/R, S/F

Doug

Douglas S. Wacker
Captain, USMC
Future Operations Officer
MWHS-3, 3D MAW
douglas.wacker@usmc.mil
Wk: 858-577-6730
DSN: 267-6730
Cell: 858-401-9392

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." ~George S. Patton