From: Haytham Faraj [mailto:haytham@puckettfaraj.com]
Sent: Monday, March 07, 2011 8:24
To: Hur Capt Christian P; 'Pietro Scarselli'
Subject: RE: Scarselli BOI list

There is NO WAY they are going to produce the witnesses on this list.  What
cannot happen is that they look at this and blow us off because it's going
to look like we're trying to bury them with witnesses.  I am not saying we
shouldn't submit it but we need to be prepared to reduce it to essential
witnesses to challenge this BOI.  The issues as I see them are the
following:

1.  Whether Maj Scarselli engaged in, endorsed, or ignored the hazing of his
Marines?
2.  Whether the family nights were run in such a way as to ignore the
differences between ranks which led to an air of casualness that impacted
unit discipline and readiness?
3.  Whether Maj Scarselli engaged in any conduct to prevent investigations
or to influence the outcome of investigations?
4.  Whether by living with MGySgt Humberston, Maj Scarselli engaged in
fraternization or appeared to be fraternizing.
5.  Whether Maj Scarselli attempted to influence the testimony of witnesses?
6.  Whether Maj Scarselli took a PFT in Dec of 2008?

We need to identify 2-4 witnesses for each one of these issues.  I believe
Humberston, Beck, and the other Captain are essential witnesses for most of
these in addition to the watch commanders.  I don't think we need Baker.  We
can get a lot of information about his bad acts without exposing ourselves
to the possibility of his talking about a PFT.

I want to show evidence of a flawed and targeted investigation.  We need the
people that were attacked and fired after testifying for that.  I also want
4-5 good character witnesses.