Request for reimbursement due to lost baggage- Mileage plus #01256216422

I sent this email earlier but failed to attach a receipt for the claimed purchases.  It is attached as “Macys Receipt.”

From: Haytham Faraj [mailto:Haytham@puckettfaraj.com]
Sent: Monday, April 04, 2011 3:42 PM
To: 'refunds@united.com'
Subject: Request for reimbursement due to lost baggage- Mileage plus #01256216422

I was scheduled to travel from Detroit to San Diego CA on March 07, 2011, TKT # 061 2121644581. See attached email confirmation.  Upon arrival at the United counter at Detroit airport, I was informed that the United flight is delayed and that I would be rebooked on Frontier airline. See the attached flight receipt.

I arrived in San Diego from Denver on United flight 0009. My bag, however, did not arrive with me.  I was told that the Frontier agent tagged the bag to travel to Denver rather the San Diego.

I am an attorney and was scheduled to be in court on March 08 at 11:00 a.m. for a trial that was beginning its third week.  I had no clothes with me except the jeans and sport shirt that I was wearing.  I informed the United Baggage agent in San Diego–Rosalee- of my problem.  She explained that my bag is in Denver and would be placed on the first flight from Denver at 6:40 a.m. the next day which would put it in San Diego by about 8:00 a.m.

At about 8:00 a.m. on March 8, I called to inquire about the whereabouts of my bag.  I was told that it was not placed on either the 6:40 a.m., nor the 8:30 a.m. nor any of the other morning flights from Denver that would have allowed my bag to arrive in time for me to put on a suit and get to court as scheduled.   The bag would arrive at 1:30.  Too late for me to make it to court in time.

At 10:00 a.m. on March 08, I went to the local Macys store in San Diego and purchased a suit, shirt, tie, belt and socks so I can have something to wear to court to continue the trial.

The total cost of the purchase was $419.00.

I request that you pay $419.00 to reimburse me for the cost of clothing I had to purchase due to my delayed bag.

I look forward to your prompt response

Haytham Faraj, Esq.

PUCKETT & FARAJ, PC

_______________________

WASHINGTON DC METRO

The Law Firm of Puckett & Faraj, PC

1800 Diagonal Road

Suite 210

Alexandria, VA 22314

703-706-0442 Phone

202-280-1039 Fax

DETROIT METRO

The Law Firm of Puckett & Faraj, PC

P.O. Box 1016

Dearborn Heights, MI 48127

313-457-1390 Phone

202-280-1039 Fax

www.puckettfaraj.com

The information contained in this electronic message is confidential, and is intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby notified that any use, distribution, copying of disclosure of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you received this communication in error, please notify Puckett & Faraj, P.C. at 888-970-0005 or via a return the e-mail to sender.  You are required to purge this E-mail immediately without reading or making any copy or distribution.

--- Begin Message ---
Reservation complete: See details below

.

Thank you for choosing United! Your ticket(s) have been issued as an
 E-Ticket

Confirmation # PR8HGS

Flight information

Sat, Mar 05, 2011
San Diego, CA (SAN)  to Detroit, MI (DTW)

UA 0484
Depart: SAN 6:23AM
Arrive: DEN 9:46AM
Non-stop
2h 23m
752
853 miles traveled
Fare basis code: L1WKNZP
Booking class:  L
Economy
853 Award miles:
No Meal Service
11A
Flight details

connecting to

UA 7415

			Operated by:
 United Express/gojet Airlines
Depart: DEN 10:26AM
Arrive: DTW 3:14PM
Non-stop
2h 48m
CR7
1,123 miles traveled
Fare basis code: QA0CS
Booking class:  Q
Economy
1,123 Award miles:
No Meal Service
04A
Flight details

Mon, Mar 07, 2011
Detroit, MI (DTW)  to San Diego, CA (SAN)

UA 7389

			Operated by:
 United Express/gojet Airlines
Depart: DTW 7:26PM
Arrive: DEN 8:47PM
Non-stop
3h 21m
CR7
1,123 miles traveled
Fare basis code: QA0CS
Booking class:  Q
Economy
1,123 Award miles:
No Meal Service
05D
Flight details

connecting to

UA 0009
Depart: DEN 9:36PM
Arrive: SAN 10:58PM
Non-stop
2h 22m
752
853 miles traveled
Fare basis code: L1WKNZP
Booking class:  L
Economy
853 Award miles:
No Meal Service
13A
Flight details

Penalty
CXL BY FLT TIME OR NOVALUENONREF/CHGFEEPLUSFAREDIF/

Additional information:

Check-in information

Please note that valid, government-issued photo identification must be presented at check-in.
The credit card used for this purchase must be presented at check-in.

Because you are a valued Mileage Plus® Premier Executive® member, we have requested an Unlimited Domestic Upgrade on your behalf. Please check My Reservations 72 hours before your scheduled departure to learn if your upgrade has been confirmed.
Passenger(s)

Name HAYTHAM MR FARAJ
Type Adult
Secure Flight data complete

Mileage Plus number 01256216422
Email FARAJH@GMAIL.COM
Phone 7605217934
Flight  Seat
0484 11A
7415 04A
7389 05D
0009 13A

Purchase summary

Ticket price

Credit card:  American Express xxxxxxxxxx2012 -- Ref #PR8HGS -- 759.80 USD

Note: each option has been charged separately.		Total:   759.80 USD

Payment details
American Express
xxxxxxxxxx2012

USD 759.80