Fw: Rough copy

Nea/Marcy,

I'd like to hire you to look after Andrew (Drew) Doyle.  At your earliest convenience, I'd like to draw up and sign any paperwork necessary so that you can officially represent us both simulaneously.  Drew supports this as well.

Attached is a word doc. I asked Drew to type up.  It'll give you a feel for some of the "off the books" punishment he has already recieved for the year plus since our time in Wardak.

Here are the key points:
1.  MAJ Cheasty has worked behind the scenes to ensure that Drew has seen the best head doctor folks on FT Campbell so that a proper PTSD diagnosis could be rendered.  MAJ Cheasty has not been overty involved for obvious reasons.  No surprise, Drew has qualified for a severe PTSD diagnosis. Jack, feel free to expand on this and other medical points of interest with Neal.

2. We have also submitted paperwork for Drew to recieve a Purple Heart twice.  Once in Afghanistan and once here, stateside.  And you'll lke this one, his along with several other P. Hearts/awards for valor/etc. have been conveniently lost.  All in Dog Company.  We've asked around, no other company in the Battalion has suffered from such blatant administrative mishaps.  Not to say there hasn't been errors with the other companies awards processes, but after conducting an informal survey of many members of Dog Company and seeing who got what awards at the Battalion wide awards formations, it more than appears to be a case of willful neglect.

3. Drew is also due surgery for an advanced case of acid reflux disorder.  He is supposed to go under the knife in March, but his unit has just notified him that he must be cleared by Friday the 26th of February 2010.  Is this possible, he's already scheduled surgery?  He's not even been served formal discharge paperwork, turned in his equipment or cleared any agencies or units on post. The medical community that oversaw Drew's care  recommended that he be moved to the Wounded Warrior Unit ((WTB) on post.  Drew's symptoms and medical issues warranted it more so than most of the WTB's patients.  The unit has continued to deny this to date.

4.  And to add insult to injury, Drew's wife left him for another man while he was in Afghanistan.  Her mother was the one to tell him.  His wife took the kids and the truck.  He didn't have the heart to take her to court or to fight for the truck.  He blames himself b/c he "wasn't enough" for her.  He's paying child support and she's yet to get married so that she can milk the payments for as long as possible.

I don't know if we want to hire you just for Drew, or if there is a way to hire you for a handful of guys who have treated unfavorably and done so out of spite.  Seems like Drew has served "work detail" related punishments for the better part of his time since this all started.  Seems like they are punishing him twice.  Maybe we can expand this to include looking into some of the other award denials, double punishments and some of the original punishments to begin with, such as in the case with SFC Tim Moriarity.  Tim was given an article 15 for not reporting to higher that I had shot my side arm.  The problem was that he was not present to witness it and at most, had only hear rumors of such only after the investigation had started.  He was told that he should have "known better".  This is still on his record and he was denied a Silver Star that was submitted muliple times.  Wasn't even given the chance to have it downgraded to a BS for valor.  Would have been so easily.  We still have the paperwork for that one as well.

Regardless, we'd like to simply stop the bleeding for the moment which would include having the unit hit pause on Drew's outprocessing until he is able to get the medical treatment he deserves.  We'd like to see his purple heart processed before he gets out.  Ultimately, we believe he should be put into the WTB for further care for several other service related injuries, primarily the diagnosis of PTSD, which was brought about by his service in the Army.

Sorry this is all last minute.  We were all suprised by the notice to start clearing.  He was being processed for a medical board (which would have been fantastic) and only lacked a couple of signatures.  Then he was given this notice the day after the CNN spot.

We'd like to fly you or one of your team down at your earliest convenience.

For the rest of you included on this note, I wanted to keep you abreast of what is going on here in case we need your help in some other capacity.  If you have any thoughts or suggestions, please Cc all.

Thanks,
Roger