Re: Fwd: Puckett & Faraj, PC Contract and Payment Schedule

I agree with Haytham. 50% now and the rest prior to the hearing. We should not take extended payments and worry about interest. Let him figure out how to do it.
Neal A. Puckett, Esq.
LtCol, USMC (Ret)
The Law Firm of Puckett & Faraj, PC
Washington DC - San Diego CA

Quoting Marcelyn Atwood <marcy@puckettfaraj.com>:

OK, I just reviewed the email traffic between us on Mr. Hammack.  Wife
works, he works; Haytham suggested 50% up front, remainder before the
BOI; Neal agreed to 5K up front (fee is 9500).  Do you all suggest I
write back and tell him to get a loan from the credit union or bank
for the 50% (or 100%) and send us the fee, which is required prior to
working on the case?  Neal, does this go down well with clients, or
would we chance loosing him?  OR, 50% now, and the remainder in
monthly payments over the course of 2 or 3 years with interest?  Can
we (law firm, and PC) charge interest?  How would we set that up?  Marcy

Standing by.  You saw my email response that I was in the middle of a
project.  That will probably last until Tues Morn (EDT).

Begin forwarded message: