Re: Spoke with Ken

Thanks, Phil. Let me know what would be a good time for us to chat about a general vs. specific amendment to his trust and tax implications. I gather it would be helpful if he could give more specific guidance re: who should and who should not share in the proceeds of the trust? I'd like for you to educate me so I can explain it to him.
S/f,
Neal
Neal A. Puckett, Esq.
LtCol, USMC (Ret)
The Law Firm of Puckett & Faraj, PC
Washington DC - San Diego CA

Quoting pgarnoldlaw@aol.com:

Hi Neal:

I spoke with Ken a little while ago and (as you said) he wants you to be designated as the beneficiary to, in affect, use your discretion to disburse his estate amongst the Puckett kin "as you see fit" He says he trusts you implicitly and I believe him! I'm also more than satisfied that he is of sound mind and fully knows what he's doing. I tried to get him to be more specific, but he just didn't want be. I think he felt that he might inadvertently exclude somebody by doing so.

Do you have a general idea of whom he is probably talking about? There are some tax issues to consider if he just leaves it up to you in terms that are too general. We should probably talk about that before he actually executes the amendment.

Anyway, I just thought I'd let you know he called me back. In the meantime, I will start drafting the amendment so we can get this taken care of ASAP, ie. next week?

Let me know your thoughts.

Phil