From: neal@puckettfaraj.com
To: pgarnoldlaw@aol.com
Cc: neal@puckettfaraj.com
Sent: Thu, Oct 29, 2009 3:44 pm
Subject: Re: Spoke with Ken

Thanks, Phil. Let me know what would be a good time for us to chat about a general vs. specific amendment to his trust and tax implications. I gather it would be helpful if he could give more specific guidance re: who should and who should not share in the proceeds of the trust? I'd like for you to educate me so I can explain it to him.
S/f,
Neal
Neal A. Puckett, Esq.
LtCol, USMC (Ret)
The Law Firm of Puckett & Faraj, PC
Washington DC - San Diego CA

Quoting pgarnoldlaw@aol.com:

Hi Neal:

I spoke with Ken a little while ago and (as you said) he wants you > to be designated as the beneficiary to, in affect, use your > discretion to disburse his estate amongst the Puckett kin "as you > see fit" He says he trusts you implicitly and I believe him! I'm > also more than satisfied that he is of sound mind and fully knows > what he's doing. I tried to get him to be more specific, but he > just didn't want be. I think he felt that he might inadvertently > exclude somebody by doing so.

Do you have a general idea of whom he is probably talking about? > There are some tax issues to consider if he just leaves it up to you > in terms that are too general. We should probably talk about that > before he actually executes the amendment.

Anyway, I just thought I'd let you know he called me back. In the > meantime, I will start drafting the amendment so we can get this > taken care of ASAP, ie. next week?

Let me know your thoughts.

Phil