To: Don Greenlaw
Cc: sandy damitz ; frank albano
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2012 10:15 PM
Subject: ROGERS: Marine Corps stuck in the 1970s

Hi Don,

Re NC Times article by Rick Rogers:
In observing the Wuterich Cout Martial I have pondered much the same as Rogers calls out. As a civilian I also question how the 8 male jurors can reach a fair and impartial decision on Frank's case. Knowing what we know now about the SOFA talks, playing heavily on the sentences of Hutchins, Behena and trial of Wuterich, how do we know that the current jurors will do the right thing and make a decision based on the facts and evidence presented, and not succumb to political pressure and make an example out of Wuterich. The stench of Undue Command Influence has been all over the Hamdania and Haditha cases and that stench still lingers today. I wish I had some faith in the UCMJ but I don't, the 8 jurors may render the Wuterich verdict but I feel the decision (influence) on which way to vote comes from DC.

Coloring my synical view is the "timing" of the release of the Pee Gate video of Marines from 3/2 showering some dead insurgents. The 3/2 Marines have been back in US for some time, some are even out of the Corps, but yet this video is "released" Wednesday. Tell me this video and the backlash on the USMC will not influence a Wuterich decision, I double dog dare you :)

Here's the article from NC TImes:
http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/columnists/rogers/rogers-marine-corps-stuck-in-the-s/article_ab67b5f8-7253-5d8a-9e00-3a9df6005599.html

Slainte,
Clo

The definition of Insanity - Doing the same thing over and over but expecting different results.