Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 7:40 PM
Subject: Fwd: ObamaCare Ends Medicare As We Know It

 Date: January 31, 2012 10:13:02 PM EST

 Subject: ObamaCare Ends Medicare As We Know It

Daily Update on the Dangers of Government-Run Health Care

                               Failed CLASS Act Must Be Stopped
This week, the House is scheduled to vote on a bill that would repeal the CLASS Act-an act that even the Administration concluded has "no viable path forward" towards implementation. Since participation is voluntary, it could not figure out a way to guarantee the program would be fiscally sound for 75 years without taxpayer bailouts, a requirement that Sen. Judd Gregg managed to get into the health law. The fundamental flaw within the Act is that the math simply doesn't add up: allow people to pay just $300 over 5 years for coverage while receiving $18,000 per year in benefits and our health care system will be more bankrupt than ever before. Unfortunately, the President has threatened to veto any plans to repeal CLASS, regardless. Forbes

                               ObamaCare Ends Medicare As We Know It
Without question, our country is in desperate need of Medicare reform. Unfortunately, ObamaCare goes about reform by destroying the system altogether and sweeping the remaining pieces under the rug. According to the Heritage Foundation, Obamacare contains more than 160 provisions for Medicare that increase government's control over the delivery of care, hit doctors with unsustainable payment cuts, and leave taxpayers with higher deficits. It also expands central planning and tightens price controls on providers-two tired old ways of attempting the reform Medicare that have a 0% success rate. Finally, on top of severe payment cuts facing physicians, the law weakens the doctor-patient relationship by linking payment not to patient outcomes but to adherence to government protocol. For more practical ways to go about Medicare reform, turn to the Heritage Foundation: Heritage Foundation